1. Who are you as an artist?
I am on old soul. I love history and how it influenced everything around it. I am also a lover of nature. both of these things can be seen in my designs. I consider myself not a follower but a leader.
2. What is makes your music worth it? To the world? To your fans?
My designs are very pure and authentic. I never copy designers to "fit in" to the current trends.
3. What makes you different from all the artists out there? Come on brag a bit..
As fashion designer/business owner I try to always be ahead of whats going on in the industry, thinking of the next trends but not indulging in them completely. My personality definitely stands out in my designs and you can see that I am like an old soul. No matter what the current trends are I always add a vintage flair to it.
4. How did you get into your art?
I started collecting vintage pieces when I was a young girl and conjured up quite a collection within 12 yrs and always knew I wanted to have a shop. I went to DASH for high school and focused on Fashion Design which actually opened my eyes and made me realize I didn't want to do mainstream fashion but costumes and work in theater and film. I participated in numerous fashion shows including Funksion and Miami Fashion Week which gave me tons of exposure and experience. I went to Miami International University of Art and Design and received my BFA in Fashion Design and worked at the Florida Grand Opera before opening my store in 2010.
5. What is the notorious thing you can say about your art that you never knew before getting into the industry?
Its hard work.
6. What’s your Poison?
I love old fabrics and textiles especially lace. Lace alone inspires me immensely.
7. How is your Art “your religion”?
I wouldn't say it is my religion. I am passionate about it but have other interests that would substitute better as a "religion"
8. What are you truly creating with your art that changes the world, changes society?
I am adding my creative take on the world. I am not changing anything in society just adding to the mixture of art.
9. What is the message of your art?
I don't have any particular message in my designs other then "beauty."
10. Have you been “lucky” or “gifted” in the arts so far? Tell us more:
I have been gifted in the sense of craftsmanship and quick problem solving. Of course much of my skills have come from numerous years of constant discipline but it has definitely come much easier for me then others.
11. What do you think it takes to make it in the industry!
Passion, perseverance, no fear
12. What do you regret the most in your art?
I regret not starting my business sooner but I was just to young to start.
13. Where do you see your career going in five years?
I see it expanding into other fields within the industry and taping into photography and styling more.
14. Legacy: At the end of the day, how do you want your fans to remember you and your art.?
I would want my fans/customers to remember me by how I treated them and the client/designer relationships I procured over the years. I would want them to remember how I stayed true to my myself and never strayed from my design ethic.