1. Age and how long in the industry? How is the music scene in your area?
25. I've been working my way into the industry probably since 2012. That's when I decided to move to Los Angeles and get educated in music and the business.
Right now I'm in Paraguay, my home country. Latin pop with reaggeton fusion is growing stronger every day here.
2. Let's have some fun! What's your Zodiac Sign?
3. What is your main inspirational philosophy in life? Favorite quote and why?
"El limite de los sueños está en la mente" Translation: "The boundaries of your dreams are in your mind"
I love that quote.
Everytime I have a hard time getting to where I want I think of it.
It reminds me to stay out of my own way and to pad myself in the bag now and then. It reminds me to work hard every day.
4. Ok, now...who are YOU as an artist? What is your story?
I am Anna Chase, a latin-pop singer-songwriter.
I lived in the place I was born for probably two months. I have no memory of it and have never visited. I heard it's beautiful!! I was born in Denver, Colorado but soon after birth my family moved to Asunción, Paraguay. That's where I grew up.
I started singing in school choir and other music contests during high school. At the same time (age 14) I was working as a model doing commercials, photoshoots and fashion shows.
Eventually one thing led to the other. I decided to move to LA, California in 2012 to take my career to another level.
I graduated from LACM (Los Angeles College of Music) and also did a course at MI (Musicians institute).
After five years of learning, gigging, recording and meeting awesome people, I decided to move back to Paraguay to promote my first Spanish EP, Canciones Desnudas.
Nowadays I'm promoting my work with shows and press tour, writing and recording new songs, working on TV as a judge for a singing contest and planning my world takeover ♡
5. Who are your musical influences and what genre of music would you say your style is?
I'm mostly into pop music. Top 40.
I grew up listening to a lot of Michael Jackson, Christina Aguilera, Queen, Gloria Estefan, etc.
6. What is the state of the music industry right now? Where is it going?
I'm very happy to see how the latin world is growing stronger and stronger every day. I love how so many relevant artists are fusing different latin styles with their own!
7. How is your Art “your Religion”?
To create and explore with no fear and tighten the nails along the way (I hope this translates the same from Spanish to English :'D)
8. What do you really think it takes to make it in the music industry? Tell us 3 keys.
I'm figuring it out as I go. But my guess is persistence, discipline, honesty and TO BE NICE TO PEOPLE! (ups! that's four)
9. Where do you see your career going in 2019?
Bigger stages, bigger audience, more collaborations, more songs.
10. Legacy: At the end of the day, how do you want your fans to remember you and your music?
I want my fans to hear my songs and feel accompanied and related.
I want them to remember me as a hard working artist.