1. Age and how long in the industry? How is the music scene in your area?
I am 29 and I have been in the industry since I was 16 yrs old. I've been a part of several genres of music so it has given me a really broad outlook on our scene in Charlotte. It can be challenging but as a whole the music community in Charlotte is very supportive of their own.
2. Let's have some fun! What's your Zodiac Sign?
I am a Taurus!
3. What is your main inspirational philosophy in life? Favorite quote and why?
Our Main inspirational philosophy in life is simple: Put your shoulder into your work (music, for us) then put one foot in front of the other. Hard work is the main mechanics for getting us where we are going. We are dreamers; but working will make the dream come true.
4. Ok, now...who are YOU as an artist? What is your story?
I grew up singing Gospel music but Country music was always the big dream. When I crossed paths with John and Scott, the dream became a reality and I quickly realized the dream I had was shared by them also. About 4years ago we joined forces and became a band. We write original music and we write songs as a team.
5. Who are your musical influences and what genre of music would you say your style is?
The three of us all come from different musical backgrounds so that makes our influences a little different. We range from classic country, pop, rock, and even a little blues. For me personally I am a big fan of people like Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood, Bonnie Rait, Carole King, and many more.
6. What is the state of the music industry right now? Where is it going?
The industry right now is in an interesting place. I think its forever changing. It is very driven by indie artists and there is a ton of freedom to be creative right now. The fact that we can do so much ourselves these days can be awesome and also a little imitating!
7. How is your Art “your Religion”?
Our Art isn't our religion. Typically, Religion doesn't allow mistakes. Faith fosters hope and allows mistakes to be used as stepping stones. Our art is an offering to the creator who gave us the gift to begin with. Music allows you to feel and when someone can relate to that and it possibly gives them hope, well that's worth all the struggle. Your art is a part of you. You can't deny it. You have to stay true to it.
8. What are you truly creating with your music that changes the world, changes society?
I hope that our music helps people and helps make it a better place. Like I said, Music brings people together.
9. What is the spiritual, political or social message of your music?
I would say it can be uplifting, A little angry at times, and also gives relief during hard times. I wouldn't say it is political but rather relatable to all.
10. What do you really think it takes to make it in the music industry? Tell us 3 keys.
It takes Patience, hard work, and failure. Then repeat!
11. Where do you see your career going in 2019?
I see us playing more shows, working harder, reaching more people, releasing new music, making more friends/fans, and most of all being even more creative!
12. Legacy: At the end of the day, how do you want your fans to remember you and your music?
I want fans to remember us as the ones who took risks, loved what we did, and didn't take for an answer. As strong determined creative people!
Find Caroline Here: