1. Age and how long in the industry? How is the music scene in your area?
- I have been pursuing my career as an artist for about 8 years. The music scene in Charlotte is not quite what it used to be unfortunately. There are not a lot of opportunities in the city for urban artists but thankfully I am only a few hours away from Atlanta so it's not too difficult for me to get access to many opportunities there.
2. Let's have some fun! What's your Zodiac Sign? -
I'm not big on zodiac but I am a Scorpio
3. What is your main inspirational philosophy in life? Favorite quote and why? -
My faith in Christ absolutely guides my philosophy in life. I have many favorite quotes but one of my favorites is "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".
4. Ok, now...who are YOU as an artist? What is your story? -
I have always loved music for as long as I can remember and always had a desire to entertain. I love performing - period. It's a part of the very fabric of my being and what drove me into the entertainment industry. I also love to create so songwriting is another passion of mine.
5. Who are your musical influences and what genre of music would you say your style is?
- I like to call my style of music urban pop; a cross between pop and R&B.
6. What is the state of the music industry right now? Where is it going?
- As far as urban music goes, right now I believe the music industry has killed R&B. It makes me really sad because I love R&B! There used to be so many great R&B artists and now everything has this trap undertone and they've killed a wonderful genre of music trying to get everyone to sound the same in order to do what they think sells. I would love to see more variety, so many artists look and sound the same.
7. How is your Art “your Religion”?
- I would not say art is my religion but, it is definitely integral to who I am as a person. I literately cannot envision my life without my being able to be creative.
8. What are you truly creating with your music that changes the world, changes society?
- I don't know that I have quite the ability to do that, but I hope that by staying true to who I am as an artist in a world where people change everything about themselves for likes that I could inspire someone else to just be who they are. To be the kind of artist or person they truly want to be instead of who they think they should be to please others.
9. What do you really think it takes to make it in the music industry? Tell us 3 keys.
- Budget, connections, and drive. In that order.
10. Where do you see your career going in 2019?
- I truly hope that I will be able to continue to grow as an artist - I would love to be able to explore myself by writing an album!
11. Legacy: At the end of the day, how do you want your fans to remember you and your music?-
I want to be remembered for my passion as an artist and performer.